Friday, 11 December 2015

The Punjabi affair

My cousin and his family dropped in recently to our place and all of us were in mood of have something spicy. Though we were in no mood to go very far hunting for a place, so staying in Kondapur area, "Punjabi Affair" was the pick of the evening. So, we step in at 9:15 Pm to find the place was totally packed. We had to wait for a few minutes to get seated. One thing that needs a special mention is the "Punjabi Tips" written everywhere in the restaurant. That really was impressive and we got connected with the restaurant. Our order was quite simple Aloo parantha (Potato stuffed bread), Aloo cheese parantha, Vegetable Kofta curry and Tandoori rotis.

Paranthas were well stuffed and very well spiced up. I had Dal makhni and Yogurt to accompany. Then arrived the Koftas. After a long time I got an opportunity to taste koftas that were correctly spiced and cooked. Gravy too was apt enough to tickle my taste buds. Loved my food completely that day. No Punjabi meal is complete without a glass of Lassi. So, I ordered for a sweet lassi (Small). There were two options if I wanted the Small or the Large one. As I was already full with all the curries and paranthas, so Small sized Lassi glass was a safe option. After sometime, a big glass arrived to our table, and the guy said " Madam, Your sweet Lassi." I inquired if this was the small sized glass and he said " Yes Ma'am. as you ordered, this is the sweet Lassi (small)".


Huh!! awesome, sweet, thick and fresh yogurt. It was a bit difficult to finish it, but nothing is impossible for a passionate foodie. Though I really wondered how large would the Large sized Lassi been ????  May be I plan it for my next trip to this place.

For now, my three words review for this restaurant :  Awesome, Satisfying, Balle-Balle.


No comments:

Post a Comment